Bubs and I were ranting through text and realized we were both watching The Brooke Ellison story and we were both crying our hearts out. Haha. Love you, Bubs. <3
I cried because it reminded me so much of my sister. No, she wasn't a quadruplegic, but she needed us as much and so I miss her. =( I also cried because the story was really moving. Zooper. Zooperly zooper. Watch it, watch it, watch it!
Anyway, Brooke became a quadruplegic after she was hit by a car when she was 11. Other people did everything for her because, technically, all she could move was her mouth and eyeballs(really). Despite all this, she went to school ,excelled and got to Harvard. But wait, there's more! She graduated summa cum laude and went to graduate school and is still alive. All this, with the help of her mom, her hope and her determination to carry on. Amazing. (with hand signs)
13 things I learned from the movie:
1. Nothing can stop you from doing what you really love doing.
2. Nothing and no one can stop you from reaching a goal you've always wanted to reach.
3. Miracles happen.
4. Study hard to compensate for all the dozens of problems you're going through.
5. If you think what you're going through is shitty enough, imagine yourself going through it in a wheelchair, perfectly incapable of doing anything else aside from talking.
6. You can make a difference. Strive to be the best.
7. Dream big. You don't need money to do so anyway.
8. There's nothing wrong with hoping. It's what keeps us hanging on.
9. You always have a choice. Make the right one.
10. Never give up.
11. Never take unconditional love for granted.
12. Strive to be happy. -->ooh, Desidarata!
13. God is good.
So, dear friends, my message is simple.
Live life because there's definitely nothing stopping you from doing so. It's a journey well worth taking with the people you love.
And like I always say, all will be well. =)
I am so summer. Summer means contemplation and nostalgia. It has begun! Haha.
Friday, March 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
God gave us the gift of life.. and the least we could do to repay Him is to live it to the fullest. that is our purpose in life. =) great! were the greatest! woohoo! uso umiyak kapag friday the 10th. haha =) thanks bru! <3
so cool ka na niyan? haha! parang gusto ko na talaga pumasok maygad. lavyah bru <3
bubs,
so lahat pala tayo umiyak??? i love you guys <3
we will call ourselves crying ladies. yuck haha love youuuu <3
Post a Comment